Just a quick update before the travelling madness begins early Tuesday morning!
I am really excited to get going now, the last month has been manic with a massive influx of email traffic and multiple phone calls organising flights and insurance. Having to acquire three different currencies was, shall I say, different; seeing the faces of the Kiosk Assistant made it worth it, seen as i removed the monotony of giving out Euros to those on late getaway deals.
The delivery man has also been pretty busy making regular visits to my address with various gadgets and sports stash ordered online.
Though buying new items to go away with is a thrill, by far the worst task of travelling is of course packing it all away. With the weight and dimension restrictions, my ever growing wardrobe has struggled to fit into my big blue wheeler bag, resulting in already breaking a cheap luggage scale.
One thing which is now different, flying to the US is the gadget battery check at the gate. Something which I slightly fear due to the clear queue backlog but mostly because I've been using my girlfriend's bright pink iPod for the last six months, and presenting that to the Dutch airline lady may offer some peculiar looks.
My flight out from Cardiff is at 06:05, arriving in Amsterdam at 08:30. I have plenty of time to kill in Amsterdam, leaving for Canada at 13:25, so i'm hoping the 12 films i've loaded on to my tablet will suffice.
Please stay tuned as I try to keep you updated on my experiences from now until the 17th September on my return!
I'll also be posting on Twitter, @adamgaunt2
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment